f 37v (1 February 1544/5–31 January 1545/6) (Payments)
Item pade to Thomas Coly for Bred & alle at the onor the playe daye viij d.
The manuscript provides no evidence for the date of the 'playe daye'.
Record title: St Leonard's Churchwardens' Accounts
Repository: Wisbech and Fenland Museum
Repository location: Wisbech
St Leonard's Church is the parish church of Leverington. Built in the mid-thirteenth century, the lower stages of its tower and part of the south wall and arcading between the chancel and the south chapel date from this period; the south aisle and porch from the fourteenth century, and a fifteenth-century nave and north aisle replaced the original thirteenth-century construction (VCH: Cambridgeshire, vol 4, pp 186–97, British History Online, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/cambs/vol4/pp186-197, accessed 18 September 2021).
1570–1600; English; paper and vellum ; xi + 199; two later pencil foliations, one no longer in numerical order, the other followed here; good condition; bound out of chronological order, extensive repairs c 1950, leaves mounted into paper frames, rebound at the same time, burgundy cloth over boards; title on spine: LEVERINGTON PARISH BOOK–VOLUME II.