p 46 (17 June–2 June) (Expenses on the principal day)
In primis ad exequias anno precedente
⸢xv d. ob.⸣ Et pro j quarterio ij
frumenti viij s.
<.> iiij d. Et
⸢ x d.⸣ & pistura inde xvj d. Et pro vj
seruisie viij s.
‸⸢viij d.⸣ & ij kilderkins
potus iiij d. Et pro xxvij
aucis iiij s. Et pro Auenis
vj bushels ij s. Et pro ij vitulis iiij s. Et
pro ij multonis vj s. Et pro iiij porcellis ij
s. j d. Et pro iiij dossenis pullorum gallorum
iij s. vj d. ob. Et pro CC Ouis x d. Et pro butiro iiij d. Et
pro lacte & quacco (blank) xiiij d. Et pro melle iiii d. Et
pro speciebus iij s. vj d. Et pro sale & Otemele ij d. Et pro aceto & vergeous iiij d. Et stipendio
Nicholai manger iij s.
iiij d. Et stipendio
Coci ij s. Et
Turneres xij d.
Et pro ffocali xvj d.
Summa lv s. x d. ob.
p 46 (28 May 1480–17 June 1481) (Expenses on the principal day)
First for the obsequies in the preceding year, 15 1/2d; and for one quarter (and) two bushels of grain, 8s 4d; and for milling and baking thereof, 16d; and for six dozen (and) two kilderkins of ale, 8s 8d; and two kilderkins of drink, 4d; and for twenty-six geese, 4s; and for oats, one quarter, 2s; and for two calves, 4s; and for two sheep, 6s; and for four piglets, 2s 1d; and for four dozen chicken pullets, 3s 6 1/2d; and for 200 eggs, 10d; and for butter, 4d; and for milk and cream (blank), 14d; and for honey, 4d; and for spices, 3s 6d; and for salt and oatmeal, 2d; and for vinegar and verjuice, 4d; and Nicholas Maunger's stipend, 3s 4d; and the cook's stipend, 2s; and paid to swillers and turners, 12d; and for fuel, 16d.
In total 55s 10 1/2d
Record title: Holy Trinity Guild Accounts
Repository: Wisbech and Fenland Museum
Shelfmark: Guild of the Holy Trinity in Wisbech 1379–1547 & Corporation Records 1564–1566
Repository location: Wisbech
The guild of the Holy Trinity of Wisbech was one of three guilds with a presence in the village of Leverington; the other two were the guilds of St Mary and of St John. Holy Trinity was the largest and most important of the guilds, with a consistent membership of fifty-six to sixty-seven members, both men and women; it first appears in accounts in 1379, but entries there indicate it had existed for some time prior (VCH: Cambridgeshire, vol 4, pp 186–97, British History Online, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/cambs/vol4/pp186-197). Holy Trinity was incorporated in 1453; after its dissolution in 1566, the guild's estates were taken over by the Corporation and thus preserved (VCH: Cambridgeshire, vol 4, pp 255-6, British History Online, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/cambs/vol4/pp255-256). Records of the guildhall begin in 1423, but it is likely that it was in existence before then; its site cannot be definitively identified (VCH: Cambridgeshire, vol 4, pp 255–6, British History Online, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/cambs/vol4/pp255-256). As Frederic Gardiner observes, 'the Trinity Guild is believed to have met in a primitive building, with thatched roof, supposed to have stood on the site of the present Grammar School, but its locality is not known with certainty' (Frederic John Gardiner, History of Wisbech and Neighbourhood, During the Fifty Years – 1848–1898 (London, 1898), 90–1).
1379–1547, 1564–6; Latin and English; paper; iv + 139 + i; 414 mm x 301 mm; 18th-c. pagination; leaves extensively reconstructed, mounted into paper frames with some gauze reinforcement; late 18th-c. marbled paper binding with leather spine and front label and corner reinforcements, title on spine: 'Guld of Holy Trinity Wisbech 1379 – Annis Multis Intermissis – 1547, Records of the Corporation 1564 – 1566.'