p 51 (21 May 1486–10 June 1487)
In primis in expensis ad exequias vltimo
Anno xij d. In j quarterio dimidio
frumenti vij s. vj d. In
multura & pistura xxj d. In ix
seruisie xij s.
In ij kilderkins
potus iiij d. In xxvj aucis
⸢iiij s. iiij d.⸣ In iij Combys Auenarum ij s.
pro cibacione earun dem In iij
multonis x s. In ij vitulis v s. In v dussenis
pullorum gallinorum v s. In vj porcellis ij s. viij d.
In diuersis speciebus iiij s. ⸢v d.
ob.⸣ in j potello j pynt & dimidio mellis xiij
d. ob. In
j dussenis xj Caponibus iij s. ij d. ob. In
CC xij Ouorum x d. ob. In butiro vj d. In iij galonis
⸢dimidio⸣ quacci x d. ob. In v galonis
lactis v d. In sale aceto & Otemele v d. ⸢ob.⸣ In iij mynistrellis vj s. viij d. In
Coci ij s. In swilleres & giratoribus xij d.
In focali ij s. j d....
p 51 (21 May 1486–10 June 1487) (Expenses on the principal day)
First on expenses for the obsequies last year, 12 d; on one quarter (and) a half
of grain, 7s 6d; on milling and baking, 21d; on nine dozen of ale, 12s; on two
kilderkins of drink, 4d; on twenty-six geese, 3s 4d; on three coombs of oats, 2s,
for the feeding of the same (geese); on three sheep, 10s; on two calves, 5s; on five
dozen chicken pullets, 5s; on six piglets, 2s 8d; on various spices, 4s 5 1/2d; on
one pottle, one pint, and a half of honey, 13 1/2d; on
one dozen eleven
capons, 3s 2 1/2d; on 212 eggs, 10 1/2d; on butter, 6d; on three gallons (and) a
half of cream, 10 1/2d; on five gallons of milk, 5d; on salt, vinegar, and oatmeal,
5 1/2d; on three minstrels, 6s 8d; on the cook's stipend, 2s; on swillers and
turnspits, 12d; on fuel, 2s 1d....
Record title: Holy Trinity Guild Accounts
Repository: Wisbech and Fenland Museum
Shelfmark: Guild of the Holy Trinity in Wisbech 1379–1547 & Corporation Records 1564–1566
Repository location: Wisbech
The guild of the Holy Trinity of Wisbech was one of three guilds with a presence in the village of Leverington; the other two were the guilds of St Mary and of St John. Holy Trinity was the largest and most important of the guilds, with a consistent membership of fifty-six to sixty-seven members, both men and women; it first appears in accounts in 1379, but entries there indicate it had existed for some time prior (VCH: Cambridgeshire, vol 4, pp 186–97, British History Online, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/cambs/vol4/pp186-197). Holy Trinity was incorporated in 1453; after its dissolution in 1566, the guild's estates were taken over by the Corporation and thus preserved (VCH: Cambridgeshire, vol 4, pp 255-6, British History Online, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/cambs/vol4/pp255-256). Records of the guildhall begin in 1423, but it is likely that it was in existence before then; its site cannot be definitively identified (VCH: Cambridgeshire, vol 4, pp 255–6, British History Online, https://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/cambs/vol4/pp255-256). As Frederic Gardiner observes, 'the Trinity Guild is believed to have met in a primitive building, with thatched roof, supposed to have stood on the site of the present Grammar School, but its locality is not known with certainty' (Frederic John Gardiner, History of Wisbech and Neighbourhood, During the Fifty Years – 1848–1898 (London, 1898), 90–1).
1379–1547, 1564–6; Latin and English; paper; iv + 139 + i; 414 mm x 301 mm; 18th-c. pagination; leaves extensively reconstructed, mounted into paper frames with some gauze reinforcement; late 18th-c. marbled paper binding with leather spine and front label and corner reinforcements, title on spine: 'Guld of Holy Trinity Wisbech 1379 – Annis Multis Intermissis – 1547, Records of the Corporation 1564 – 1566.'