p 77 (26 March 1563/4–15 April 1565) (Receipts)
|Item of clere gaynes at whytsontyde||lj s. iij d. ob.|
Record title: St James'
Repository location: Winchester
Bramley is a village situated about
five miles north of Basingstoke, close to the Berkshire border. The accounting year used
by Bramley's churchwardens was from
Palm Sunday to Palm Sunday. Pagination of the accounts was done in 1873
by the Rev. C. Eddy, vicar of Bramley, who attached some loose papers
and explanatory notes at appropriate points in the book.
1523–1769; English and Latin; paper; 303 leaves; 327mm x 220mm; 19th-c. ink pagination; good condition, except pages frayed at edges, a few torn; original cover of parchment, badly damaged, made of several pieces stitched together, including fragments of a 15th-c. word book in Latin and English and a 15th-c. account roll, no title, kept in a case of cream-coloured vellum-covered boards made to enclose the book in 1909 by the archdeacon of Winchester, title stamped in gold on red- leather rectangle on front of case: 'BRAMLEY / CHURCHWARDEN'S ACCOUNTS / 1523–1769.'